British Food

British food is very specific and unusual for the new ones here in Great Britain. I needed some time to get used to it.. Because who else is eating beans for breakfast? Sounds pretty weird but normal life for those living here. And I have to admit. It is not that bad how it sounds :) After two years of London I can say that I really like British food and its taste. This post is going to include some of the most popular British foods.



Fish and Chips is the number one among the British and tourists. The most important point is to choose the right fish - Cod or Haddock. Fried fish and chips sound like an easy recipe, but it gets delicious with vinegar sauce... The must-have of this food.




English Breakfast

As I already mentioned... Who else than the British are eating beans for breakfast? Baked beans are the must-have for a breakfast, like the vinegar sauce for fish and chips. Other components of a traditional English breakfast: eggs, bacon, sausages, mushrooms, black pudding, tomatoes and fried bread.


When I first heard about Black Pudding, I thought there is talk of chocolate pudding. Of course, this was not correct. Black Pudding is a sausage with animal blood, which is usually served at breakfast. Other constituents are pork fat, oatmeal and flavourings. If you ask me how it tastes - I don’t know. To be honest, I was never brave enough to try it...



Eton Mess

An English dessert made up of a mixture of whipped cream, meringue and strawberries (usually strawberries, but you can also use other types of fruit). People especially enjoy it in summer months due to its fresh taste.


Scones are the number one choice for afternoon teas in Great Britain. This fantastic cakes eaten with clotted cream and jam are rich of calories but so tasty that I don’t have at least one afternoon tea (very popular here) in a week without scones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Shopping Experience at Glamira - PART 1 - Big Decisions

My Shopping Experience at Glamira - PART 2 - Order and Arrival

The Rest of Glamira Experience